You know what it feels like to muddle through your day worrying, brooding, wishing for something or someone to make you happy? When motivation is hard to come by and discouragement hangs over your heart like a dark grey rain cloud threatening the sun rays of hope? Sometimes, it's really hard to shake the blahs.
But there's a secret: good glasses.
I'm not talking about scheduling an actual eye exam but about re-directing your perspective- looking for little bits of good all around. You'll be surprised about how much you find and how this simple decision lifts your spirits.
Look around your home. Look around your work space. Choose to see goodness.
For me, my GOOD glasses show me that:
- Even though the laundry is never done, everyone has clean clothes to wear today.
- When I'm lonely, good friends are just a phone call or text away.
- Waking up a half an hour before the kids to read and start a cup of coffee is worth it.
- When my toddler frustrates me, "I wuvoo, Mommy" instantly melts away any irritations.
- Housework won't all get done at once, but every task completed is success.
- Sunshine and park days make everyone happy!
Some Biblical inspiration on "thinking happy thoughts:"
...whatever is noble, ...whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. -Philippians 4.8
Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,... -Psalm 23.5
Ask God to help you see the world through his eyes today. What good things did you find?