- At the beginning of the day, I'm gathering courage and making lists.
- In the middle, I'm finishing up lessons and fixing lunches.
- And at the end of the day, I have just enough energy to lie on the couch.
But I've got to keep doing what brings me joy, in addition to the things that keep me busy.
I've got to slow down.
Laugh at myself.
I would like to finally give myself permission to blog again (...and to finally join pinterest)!
It's time to be a little more like me again.
The other day I was waiting in the carpool line at preschool. The baby was sleeping, and I had a few more minutes to be selfish. Finding some grownup music on the radio, I started a list in my purple iphone- not of what I had to do, but of what I love.
The THINGS I LOVE list:
- Rocking out with my kids
- Belting out love songs in the car, as well as, some Gwen Stefani.
- My husband's voice
- Going to concerts
- Jane Austen
- A journal and a pen
- Making last minute plans
- Homemade gifts
- Honest, transparent, and generous friends.
- Watching babies grow (outside of my belly)
- Coloring books
- Turner Classic Movies and BBC films
- Libraries and coffee shops
- Being invited, included, involved
- My church
- Consignment stores and Craigslist
- One-step spray paint
- Getting organized
- Filling up the minivan with friends/family
- Birthday parties
- Jeans and accessories
What do you love?